Eating Out Guides - Mexican Restaurant Edition

EatingOutGuide-Mexican.png
Mexican Food Tips.png

MyoBrain Picks

Greg - Combo Fajitas

At a restaurant I’m getting fajitas 80% of the time, the other 20% I’ll splurge and try something new. I normally get the combo plate, like chicken, steak & shrimp. If eating local, like a food truck, I go with 2 corn tortilla tacos with whatever meat sounds good. I’m not picky on the meat, since the corn tortillas are low-fat.

Katie - -Chicken Fajitas or seafood spread

Mexican is always one of my go-tos when I want something out of the norm, but don’t want to go overboard on my macros for the day. When I get fajitas I usually eat about half and take half home, and might skip the beans and rice so I can eat chips and salsa first. If I’m feeling like something different, I’ll find a seafood menu item like grilled fish or shrimp and veggies and get an order of rice on the side, because carbs. I usually skip the sour cream, guac, and cheese sauce.

McKay - Fajitas or tacos

I will look at the menu before hand just because I don’t go out for Mexican food too often. I’ll either lean towards fajitas or tacos. I will request corn tortillas & a leaner meat so I can use however much quac & queso I please.



-