Article written by Ryann Smalley of My Wellness Vow
Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced thinly
- 1.5 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1.5 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until “rice” consistency is reached.
- Add olive oil to a medium/large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until they've begun to sweat (about another 5 mins).
- Top with pecans, spices and vinegar and cook for 1 min.
- Serve warm or store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Per 4 oz. Serving
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
This recipe is a healthy take on classic Thanksgiving stuffing. It is low-cal, low-carb, and delicious. Traditional stuffing contains more than double the amount of sodium! If you don’t have a food processor, try using a blender.