Article written by Ryann Smalley of My Wellness Vow
Roasted Cranberry Brussel Sprouts
Serving size: 6 oz.
- 1.5 lbs Brussel sprouts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim/clean the Brussels sprouts, then cut them in half. Arrange on 2 baking sheets and toss with the olive oil, salt, & pepper. Roast until brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the roasted sprouts, then sprinkle on the dried cranberries.
Per 6 oz. Serving
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 8 g
This is a simple yet classic recipe that will fit in well as a side dish at any holiday gathering. It makes Brussel sprouts a little less boring but still includes all the fiber. A couple of tips that will make this recipe even easier include lining your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up. Also, the balsamic reduction will thicken very quickly so take it off the heat soon after it begins to thicken. When shopping, choose the smaller sprouts as they tend to be sweeter with a less earthy taste.