Written by Betsy of My Wellness Vow
Skinny Pumpkin Pie
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp whipped butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pie crust sheet, Pillsbury (thawed to room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly dust a large cutting board or flat surface with flour.
- Roll out a room temperature pie crust sheet, so that it becomes thin enough to cut off about 30%, so that your final crust is 5 oz.
- Place into a 9-inch pie dish, cutting off excess dough.
- Place pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Add butter, and mix well.
- Using an electric mixer, mix in brown sugar, milk, eggs, egg whites, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust. Bake about 70 to 75 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Per 1 slice (1/10th of pie)
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrate: 25
- Sugar: 16
- Protein: 3
- Fiber: 1.5
Desserts can quickly undo efforts of healthy eating. This skinny pumpkin pie is half of the calories and sugar of a regular slice of pumpkin pie. Enjoy a serving guilt-free with your friends and family.